Friday, September 25, 2009

TMNet Streamyx Helpless Desk

I am going rant about Streamyx again for the God knows how the many-th times. It happened last Sunday, I was not at home and by the time I reached home, my house mate (ping) informed me that the internet is down and she could not connect at all. She also added that the issue has been reported to streamyx.


However after troubleshooting, they (the helpdesk agent) informed her that there is a problem with our modem and our port (internet port). That being said, the agent notified us that we would have to wait to have the problem rectified because all their agents are not available...it being Hari Raya and all….


As usual i don’t trust this people. So, I created new connection (PPPoE) using another account, and guess what??... I was able to go online. Still not satisfied, i tried to login to modem web base configuration page to connect and i got an error saying "Authentication Failed", this obviously showed that the problem is with our TMNet account. I called streamyx again and requested to have my password reset even that took so long...
Since it was already late, i couldn’t be bothered to wait any longer since I gave up and went to bed.


The next day, I got a call from a streamyx technician. He said he call my house mate and she was not home and he would like to check if I’m home so he can come over to have it fixed. I said I would not around until after 6... Then he suggested Saturday and I was like ok... Can you imagine if i really need to rely on them... I would not be having internet access for a WEEK! Then, it occurred to me, since streamyx is unable to provide a technician according to customer need, will they still be charging us for that 1 week... since is the problem lies with them, not the customer... I doubt it though... anyway...


On wednesday evening after work. I went back home and reconfigured the modem and router and... Wala!... my connection is up and running again.. I managed to troubleshoot and solved it myself... I called Streamyx again and told them to close this case since I have solved it my self.



Basically I’m not saying that streamyx service is bad. Compared to other wireless broadband and i staying in a condo, Streamyx is good, but the thing that is not good is the Streamyx helpdesk. It seems that the people working there lack of knowledge, the knowledge to troubleshoot customer issue. I'm saying this because i working in IT line and when my customer telling me what is their issue, i will get to the point and figure out whats wrong and not to bush around and giving customer wrong information.


If those agent (Streamyx helpdeks) unable to diagnose or troubleshoot properly why border having helpdesk? it more like helpless desk. Wasting our time calling and doin unnecessary things and troublehsooting.


I really hope Tm Net will look into this matter as this is not a small matter. This is SERIOUS!!



6 Shoutout:

James said...

If you're that unhappy - try pimping your broadband @ www.pimpmybroadband.com.my :)

Anonymous said...

I inclination not approve on it. I assume warm-hearted post. Particularly the title-deed attracted me to review the sound story.

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Easily I assent to but I dream the post should have more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Read the ideas listed here as often as it is necessary to understand fully what you should learn about a bankruptcy proceeding. You must sense much more educated than you had been before finding this article, allowing you to better equipped to handle the size of the determination you happen to be facing.The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Pay Day Loans [url=http://www.x21w12w21.info]Sca46ujdin[/url]